Thursday, July 12, 2007

Honeymoon: Part 1

“Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation” - Unknown

Immediately after the fateful night when I proposed to my bride, Jobina was consumed with planning the wedding. What the date was going to be, who would be invited, where would it be, etc, etc. I too was immediately set upon with the desire to plan; the honeymoon of course.

Ah, the honeymoon!

I love the concept of the honeymoon. Is there anything sweeter, more beautiful, more exciting, more passionate? I took to planning my honeymoon like a fish takes to water. Like a bird takes to flying. Like Donald Trump takes to money. As a young Christian male, the honeymoon, (and all it entailed) seemed to be my ultimate destiny for which I was designed (and waiting for). To me, the honeymoon cannot be beat. First of all, you get to have sex. If you and your mate have already had sex, honeymoon sex will be special. But if you haven't had sex yet, honeymoon sex will most likely be out-of-this-world, mind-numbingly awesome. Secondly, honeymoons are traditionally a trip (usually about a week) where you get to go away on an adventure to a beautiful place. Thirdly, a honeymoon is a vacation; time away from work and responsibilities. Fourthly, a honeymoon is extended time with the person you are in love with with very little distractions. Fifthly, it is an experience that you cannot really do again with your spouse. You can have more then one romantic vacation, but only one honeymoon. Personally, my honeymoon was one of the top experiences of my life. Stay tuned for more of my thoughts on this topic!

May Light increase!

No comments: