Sunday, September 16, 2007

Looking Young

Yesterday I was encouraged. I was working at Olive Garden when one of the newer servers looked at me and said, "Mark, are you married?"

I looked at my ring finger (astonished) and said, "Oh no, you're right!" The server appeared to be in shock. "How old are you?"

"Actually, I'm 32."

Silence.

Another server near her said "I thought you were 24." Yet another nearby server agreed.

Even though I'm getting older, to some at least I still look young! My brother called me last night and when I told him this story, he told me a story. He's a smoker and the other day he shaved off his beard before going to buy some smokes. He was shocked when the person at the store ID'd him. He just turned 30! We found our youthful looks ironic considering we are both starting to get some grey hairs.

Here's to the Westman boys. Getting old, but at least we don't show it!

(Much)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still remember a trip we took to the city where we went shopping at Chapters. I went up to pay first, and they asked me if I was interested in enrolling for some program for college students. I replied that no, I was only 17.

Mark goes to pay after me, and they offered him some program for high school kids. Mark was 25. :)

JBo

Jobina said...

When Mark and I were dating I was in Grade 12 and he was in 2nd year college. We met someone outside of the school and while we were introducing ourselves, we said that one of us was in college and the other in high school. They looked at Mark and said, "oh, what grade are you in?"
I, of course, was mortified, but it was better than when we were asked if we were siblings!

RLE said...

Go Westman men! I would way rather have people think I am younger than older. Sorry Jobina! :) Though Michael and I often get asked if we are siblings too. Guess it happens to a lot of couples - unless the two are of different ethnicities.