Sunday, February 10, 2008

Anniversary Trip: Maybe Belize?

Jobina and I are still agonizing over where we should go (and how much we should spend) on our 10 year anniversary trip. Personally I have an aversion to Mexico (although a conversation with our friends Terry and Eloa yesterday may have convinced me to give up this prejudice) but we still want to go somewhere warm. I'd like to do something where there is adventure, relaxation, beauty, and culture. Oh yes, and for not too much money. Recently I was surfing and found a discount voucher for sale for this place:

Cotton Tree Lodge

This unique eco-resort sounded way too "exotic" for Jobina but seeing as I could get travel vouchers that would give both of us a week there for around $1500 (a substantial discount) I thought I'd show it to her. Much to my surprise she was quite interested! So now we have to decide: Belize or not Belize. The cool thing about this place is that day trips to Mayan ruins, caves, Mayan chocolate making demonstrations, kayaking, hiking, etc are all included (as well as food). This could be the unique trip of a lifetime. So now we need to think about it (but we only have 3 more days). Also cool: the travel vouchers don't have an expiry date . . .

May Light increase!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

WOW!! That looks amazing!!

Michele said...

Belize is fabulous from everything I've heard. John and I have friends that won't go anywhere else! I think that would be a great vacation for you! Good on you for finding something that's in your price range!

Anonymous said...

Go for it and then tell us where to find the coupon! Looks like my kind of holiday...without the baby!

Mark said...

Hi Julie, hopefully it will all work out. If anyone's interested, I can see if more are available. But hey, weren't you just in the D.R.? How was it?

Sara said...

We have friends who enjoyed a trip to Belize and would highly recommend it!
Looks very intriguing!