Wednesday, April 29, 2009

40 Days

I was looking for a new book to read and as I was perusing my bookshelf my eyes suddenly rested upon The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren. I've never been a big fan of this book but I decided that I'm going to read it again. So I've committed to reading it for the next 40 days and seeing what happens. The thing I do like about it is that Warren points out the power of living according to God's purposes for us - purposes that give one meaning for life. You'd be amazed at how many people who come to see a counselor mention that their life feels devoid of purpose and meaning. Sometimes I too feel that way (I don't feel bad, Solomon did too) and I like the reminder that life does have meaning, if you are a Christ follower. Perhaps I'll share some of the things that impact me as I'm reading it . . .

2 comments:

Elayne said...

Dad says you need to read John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life". It rests next to "Purpose Driven Life" on our book shelf but Piper's book is the better one!

From: Mom (the messenger)

Lifelines said...

Sounds good. I read that book probably 4 years ago; I'd be interested to hear what you glean the second time around.