Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last Three Books

"I've traveled the world twice over, Met the famous; saints and sinners, Poets and artists, kings and queens, Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I've been where no-one's been before, Learned secrets from writers and cooks
All with one library ticket
To the wonderful world of books."
~ Anonymous ~


Jobina likes to make fun of me because of my diverse reading appetite. I like biographies, theology, psychology, fiction, non-fiction, business/economics, outdoors, comic books, history, etc. I can't help it - I find so many things incredibly interesting. I thought it might be fun to ask some of my readers what the last three books they read were; partially to see your tastes and also to get some ideas for new books to read. I'll go first: The last three books that I've read (or are reading) are:

By George - the autobiography of Goerge Foreman
The Richest Man In Babylon - the classic on financial wisdom in story form
Orthodoxy - G.K. Chesterton's apologetic spiritual biography and defense of the faith

So what about you? Be honest!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I usually read up a storm, but lately I just haven't had the time (or taken the time I suppose).

I think the last couple books I read were...

Heaven by Randy Alcorn (except I didn't get to finish it cause it was taking such a long time to read it and someone else at church was on the waitlist, so I'm going to get it out again to finish it soon!)

Heaven for Kids by Randy Alcorn (I'm not use to reading such "heavy" books like Heaven, so I took a little break by reading the kid version, to help me wrap my brain around it)

I'm in the middle of "Humpback Whale" by Jodi Piccoult right now.

Jenna Kroeker said...

1. Jesus For President - Shane Claiborne

2. The Sunflower - Wiesenthal

A dying Nazi asks a Jew (Wiesenthal) for forgiveness in a concentration camp. He walks away and says nothing. Now wondering if he did the right thing, he wrote this book. (part one of the book.) In part two of the book, 53 people give their response as to what they would do. (ie. theologians, psychiatrists, jurists, victims of war, etc.)

3. Phantoms in the Brain - Ramachandran

Jobina said...

the last 3 i read were from a Trilogy (got to keep things the same you know!)
Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers

And Mark I don't mean to make fun, I just think it's humorous. Read all you want!

Anonymous said...

As the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty
very quickly it will be famous, due to its feature contents.


Review my site :: cash advance florida