Sunday, June 27, 2010

Walk A Little Slower Daddy

"Walk a little slower Daddy,"
said a child so small,
"I'm following in your footsteps
and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

-Author Unknown


On Father's Day my daughter Trinity gave me a cute little card with this poem. I missed church this Father's day but didn't miss getting some Father's day exhortation! I'm not sure why but every time I read this simple poem it is very convicting to me and gets me kind of choked up. The message is a good one and I hope it blesses some other Dads out there.

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Parenting is such an overwhelming awesome responsibility. Sometimes I think we must all be crazy to take on the challenge and yet it has been my greatest joy. You are doing great Mark and yes, I may be a tad biased but not that much! REALLY!