Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Watch This!

In one of my counselling sessions recently a clients mentioned that they went camping and because they didn't have their phone they didn't know what time it was. This made me think; how many people use their cell phones as their watches? It also made me wonder; how many people actually wear watches anymore? Perhaps most people have stopped using them and I just didn't notice. I used to wear one all the time but after my last one broke I didn't fix it or replace it. Now I look at wall clocks and occasionally at my phone. I wonder if maybe watches as a technology are obsolete -fading into the history of clothing items that have outlived their usefullness (or have been replaced by new technology)

So here's my question: Do you wear a watch or do you use your phone to find out what time it is? Or perhaps somethings else?


No comments: