Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Books

To me, one of the best presents is a book. This Christmas I received His Needs, Her Needs from my sister (which Jobina and I have thoroughly enjoyed) and Arthur Conan Doyle: The Complete Novels which is a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories from my in-laws. I also got some Christmas money and purchased the following:

1. Adrift: 76 Days Lost At Sea
2. Outliers.
3. The Little Prince (to read to my kids).
4. Losing My Virginity: The Autobiography.

So far, I have read Adrift (which is an absolutely mind-boggling survival at sea story) and am a few chapters into Outliers which is already blowing me away intellectually. I will try to do reviews on all of them when I've finished reading them. Anyone else get any Christmas books?

6 comments:

Jobina said...

No! What's with that? Although I guess I could buy some with my Christmas money.

Moxymama said...

I read The Hour i First Believed by Wally Lamb and loved it. I am dying to read Outliers too. Right now I am reading Tipping Point.

Jay Boaz said...

There was an instruction book with my digital picture frame!

Momrempel said...

I am currently reading, For Women Only:what you need to know about the inner lives of men by Shaunti Feldhahn...very good. Also, reading A Thousand Splendid Suns (author wrote The Kite Runner - awesome)

Mark said...

Jobina: Yes, you should!
Moxymama: My Dad got that for Christmas as well and seemed to be hooked on it. I shall have to borrow it off of him. Does it have a spiritual side to it?
Jay: That doesn't count! And neither do comics (although they are good in their own right of course). And in case you ask, no: the TV guide doesn't count either!
srempel: Sounds spooky (the inner lives of men book). Also, how is A Thousand Splendid Suns? It was on the bestseller list for like, ever.

Jay Boaz said...

Comics don't count? Thems fighting words!