Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Too Much TV . . . Apparently.


So, the other day I'm typing at my desk in my basement office (aka, The Cave) when Jobina comes down stairs carrying something. I look up. It's the TV. "Uh, oh." I think to myself.

Here it comes. "I was just amazed at what a good time we had visiting Dwight and Lorna and I was so amazed that they didn't have TV and how they had such a great family life. I thought maybe we should try going without a TV for awhile." Pause.

The gauntlet was dropped. How should I respond? After all, that is my TV she has in her hands, my beautiful TV. OK, maybe it's our TV, but hey, it's mine too! I have a right to watch that TV, right? Who does she think she is just making this decision without me?

She's staring at me, waiting for my reaction. She looks so beautiful and innocent standing there (with my TV in her arms). I know that she is sincerely wanting to improve our life and try something new. I give a long inaudible sigh.

"OK," I say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful that my sister has a husband who will support her the way you do. Thank you for being the kind of husband that sees the meaning behind the action and is willing to try things for the betterment of your family. You are a blessing to our family!

Love, Michele

Anonymous said...

hahahah, you are one step closer to becoming a scientologist. I bet you're a big Tom Cruise fan too,huh? hahahah

DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. THE. TELEVISON.
DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. THE. TELEVISON.
DO. NOT. GIVE. UP. THE. TELEVISON.

Anonymous said...

No worries Mark...most anything good on tv is also on Youtube. :)

JBo