Thursday, October 23, 2008

Warm Feelings

It's not every day that I get fond memories from Wal-Mart, but today I had a great experience there. We were looking at some frames to put my newly arrived degree certificate in and I had wandered away from Trinity and Jobina. A few minutes later I noticed they weren't with me and then I glanced and saw them coming down one of those wide, long aisles, several yards away. As I looked at Trinity (my cute 3 year old girl), our eyes locked and somehow emotions and thoughts passed between us. Instinctively I crouched down and held my arms out wide and she bolted down the aisle and jumped into my arms. Then there was some intense daddy/daughter hugging going on. While she hugged me she said "You got lost Daddy!" and I whispered into ear "Thanks for finding me." I let her down and she turned around, took a few paces and then ran at me again, jumping into my arms for more hugs. Definitely the best part of my day.

4 comments:

Jobina said...

that was so adorable when she did that! And then again and again. I love how kids just let their emotions go!

Jay Boaz said...

That right there is why I want to have kids.

Sarah Boaz said...

but not right now!!

Jay Boaz said...

No, for now I borrow Riker and Trinity! :)