Saturday, December 6, 2008

The End of An Era

Dec 5, 2008

Dear Linda and Management Team,

I am writing to inform you of my decision to resign from my position as a server at Olive Garden (on Reenders). My last available working day will be December 20th, 2008.

For the past few years I have worked at Olive Garden as I completed my Masters in Counseling Psychology and I have appreciated the flexibility and graciousness you have shown towards me with my student schedule. My new counseling practice requires more time and focus, thus necessitating me leaving OG.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and Darden for having me as part of your team and for taking a chance on me when you hired me. I have enjoyed my time with you and the staff and I wish you all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Westman

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really is the end of an era and a huge step for you and your family! My prayers are with all of you as you venture out into this new world of Counseling.

Love to all of you!
Michele

Jobina said...

Yay! and ACK! all at the same time!

Terry L said...

well let me know when your last shift is... maybe the wife and I will have an outing.... SOUP SALAD AND BREADSTICKS!! BOOOWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :)

Mark said...

Thanks people. Terry: you are welcome to come in on the night of the 19th (or the day of the 20th) and have soup and salad. Of course I will tempt you into a few appetizers, some desserts, and a bottle of Chardonay as well!

Jay Boaz said...

As tempting as it is to organize a group of people to come in on your last day and run you with soup and salad refills, I won't. :)

Anonymous said...

I have recently written a similar letter - this morning as it turns out!! I take Jobina's words to hear on this "yay! and ACK!!"

Lynne