Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Power of Team



Fact
: Two horses can pull about 9000 pounds.
Question: How many pounds can four horses pull?



If you are like me, you probably said 18,000 pounds. It sounds reasonable - but you're wrong. The answer is that four horses can pull over 30,000 pounds! How is this possible you ask? It is the power of synergy - people working together can perform significantly better then the sum of their parts. Thus 1+1 does not = 2. Instead (due to synergy) it may be 3, 5, or even 12. When we work together with others we can accomplish so much more then when we try to do things solo.

Sometimes I try to do things on my own. I think things like "it's just easier," "it'll be quicker," and my old favorite "I can do it myself." I'm probably working two or three times as hard as I need to. Working closely with a team of people is almost always a better use of resources. Though tricky sometimes, synergy is always the smartest way to go. So are you a team player or an individual? This affects you in marriage, church, ministry, business - everything. The power of synergy is there, the question is: are you using it?

May Light increase!

No comments: