Saturday, December 8, 2007

Peace And Feeling Unwise

This post is probably not like my usual ones. It may not make sense. It doesn't really make sense to me . . .

For the past little while I have been slowly coming to a conclusion that is both painful and freeing; I know very little. Any wisdom I thought I may have had is barely wisdom at all. I have spent the last weeks reading through Proverbs and also reading through The Way Of The Wild Heart. The conclusion that I have coming to in my mind and heart is a profound feeling of unknowing, of not understanding. Strangely, this feeling isn't alarming. Instead I think I am sensing a little about what true humility is, not the the helplessness of feeling small and unconfident nor the struggle to control one's powerful ego. The kind of humility I'm feeling is more an acceptance of how one is compared to true wisdom, true knowledge, and God himself and how all that I do know and experience is a gift from Him. Not sure where this will go, but that's where I'm at right now . . .

May Light increase!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the mark of a person who is becoming mature is the realization that he is not wise and has much to learn. Those that think they know everything have no room to grow, but those who know they have much to learn, have the whole world in front of them!

Keep learning, Mark!
Michele

RLE said...

That's really cool Mark! I think that someone who is truly wise is one who knows that there is so much more that they have to learn. Here's to growth!

Stacey said...

I agree with Michele and Rayna's statements. But I have been there. It's as you say, humbling, but enlightening. It's all part of the journey. Consider yourself wise for figuring this out! :)