Friday, March 7, 2008

Steak Date

(Thanks to Jay for filling in for me yesterday. I am not nearly "better" yet, but I'm doing better. Thanks to anyone who prayed for me).

Tonight Jobina and I went on a date to The Keg. Someone had given us a gift card for Christmas and we decided that we finally needed to put it to use! Wow, can they do steak right. Seriously, my 12 ounce, medium rare "baseball sirloin" was incredible. We even shared a dessert (Billy Miner Pie) which was nice and light but with both subtle and intense flavors. We got there at a little after 6pm and it was already packed and we had to wait for 30 minutes. Nice atmosphere there and unlike some of the other trendy restaurants ( cough, cough, Moxie's, Earls?) the female waitresses don't dress like women of the night. We had a great time.

Like usual, I had a very difficult time choosing what I would eat. When it comes to ordering at a restaurant I often get analysis paralysis. Will I like that? Does it justify the cost? What am I really craving? Am I being daring enough? Yeah it's sad. Sometimes an analytical nature is not a good thing. It's the same with deciding where we should spend the final two days of our vacation in Belize. I need to know everything! And even then, I can't decide. I don't know how Jobina has patience with me. Yet she just smiles and pretends that it's not really that maddening. Basically, I'm just lucky.

Speaking of restaurants I saw an Argentinian restaurant just off of St. Mary's today, anyone tried that place (or had Argentinian food in general)?

May Light increase!

1 comment:

Elayne said...

OK now we know you are feeling better Mark! Did you really eat 12 oz. of meat all by yourself?
I like your description: analysis paralysis! Yeah, that's you sometimes. That's also me sometimes!! I want to be daring but I want to enjoy my food too.
That Jobina! So perfect! Just smiles, huh? How did she get that way, I wonder!