Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ninja Sympathy Pain

A weird thing happened to me the other day. I was watching this movie on a DVD set called "Master Ninja! 9 Movies on 3 DVD's - Over 12 Hours" that my friend Jay got me. In the middle of the first movie "Breathing Fire" (which ironically has no ninjas of any kind in it) one of the main characters got kicked in his right knee, savagely. I remember wincing as I felt empathy. The movie ended and we went to bed.

The next day when I woke up, I could hardly walk. My right knee was hurting badly (and still isn't back to normal). I was sitting around trying to figure out what had happened to it but I couldn't think of where I possibly could have injured it. Suddenly, it hit me! My knee hurt because I, as a ninja, was feeling sympathy pain for the "ninja" who got his knee kicked in the movie! Ninja sympathy pain! Now I just need to watch a movie where a ninja gets his knee healed and I should be back to normal. . .

May Light increase!

6 comments:

. said...

wow!

Stacey said...

Bawan Ninja Mark! What a atipire!!

Interesting this was labeled "Psychology" :)

Where did your hulk self-portrait go in your new blog design?

ujaiwen!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what Stacey said in her post. Most of those words don't look like english! :)

I can't say I've ever had an experience like that. Perhaps you should, with the help of a counselor, find a way to disassociate yourself from the ninja's just enough to keep you from getting hurt. I'm sure Jobina would be grateful.

Hope the knee gets better!
Love, Michele

Stacey said...

that was Ninja speak. I'm sure if Mark is a true Ninja he will understand it perfectly ;o)

Anonymous said...

I personally would have asked Riker if he punched daddy in his sleep, but sure, we'll go with your theory. :)

Jay

Mark said...

The portrait didn't seem to fit in with the redesign, so dropped it. Maybe some day in the future I will show a picture of myself, but I doubt it.