Friday, July 18, 2008

Riker's Birthday Today


Today is Riker's 6th Birthday. Although we are going to have the big party on Sunday we had a good time opening presents with him in the morning (he got a fishing rod, a hat, and a minnow trap). I'm proud of my boy. He is growing more and more into a little man and his inquisitive mind combined with a general absentmindedness endearingly reminds me of his old man. At the park today he impressed me by figuring a way of getting himself on top of some high monkey bars. This simultaneously scared his mom and filled me with pride. Happy Birthday Riker! I love you (and like) you more each day . . .

Love,
Dad.

P.S. The picture is taken at the gardens in Camp Morton Provincial Park last summer . . .

2 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

I can hardly believe Riker is already 6! He's growing up so fast! I felt bad I didn't have time to read Iron Man to him today, but I will definitely have to drop by soon to do so! Pretty soon he won't need me to read to him anymore!

Jay

Anonymous said...

happy birthday riker...no matter what generation you're from...kids grow up WAY too fast. i should know, my nephew triton is turning 1 on august 22nd.