Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blogger's New Blog List

I really like the new Blog List gadget on Blogger. It really has changed the way I read blogs. Now I just quickly refresh my page to see who has updated - no more wasted time loading blogs that haven't had a new post since the Chretien era. I also like going to other people's sites who have it and seeing that my blog is near the top of their lists. I feel like I'm being rewarded for updating often.

The thing about my blog list is that it's kind of like Santa; it knows who's been naughty (hasn't posted in a while) and nice (posted recently). On my list, it only shows the ten most updated blogs, so if you haven't updated in a while you are dropped from being visible on the list. Is this not poetic justice? There is a kind of peer pressure that this new gadget creates; blog or be forgotten. Of course that is not what blogging is supposed to be about, but that's besides the point. In blogging the new Blog list is Darwinian economics in motion - survival of the fittest, or um, bloggiest. You know what I mean. Right?

I have no idea if this makes sense or not, but to sum up . . . I really like the new Blog List.

May Light increase!