Saturday, September 29, 2007

Life, Death, and Wisdom: Part 2

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying." -Woody Allen




Yes, we must accept our mortality, but I wonder if it's OK to look something so imposing in the face and laugh at it. This was the strategy of men like Woody Allen. Is it OK to find ironic humor in death? Just to balance off the heaviness of my previous post, I thought I'd provide a link to an interesting article entitled:

Strangest Deaths In History

Is it morbid to find it fascinating to hear how some people have left the world of the living? Perhaps, but if we focus only on the darkest aspects of death life could get pretty dour. Perhaps some lightness and humor are alright sometimes. Can you joke about death?

May Light increase!

No comments: