Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Football is Better Than What??

There is a cook who I work with at OG who likes to try to shock me with his messed up thoughts, perversion, bigotry, and general nonsense. A few days ago he asked me if I was excited about the big football game coming up. I said I was, but that I had only just lately started enjoying "The Game" and that really I’m kind of a bandwagon Bomber’s fan. He looked at me with a look of both disdain and pity. Yeah, I know people like that he said. I told him that he must be a big fan.

Oh, I am, he said, let me put it to you this way: I would rather watch football then have sex. Watching a good football game is better than the climax of lovemaking (OK, he didn't say it like that, I'm editing to keep this blog PG). I looked him in the eye. He was telling the truth! Then he told me that if it was a choice between watching the final game of the CFL or NFL or being present for his first child being born he would choose the game.

Wow.

I always feel sad when people tell me that sex is not very thrilling to them. I wonder what’s behind that. But seriously, football is better? Or better then being there for the birth of your first child? And is it only men who are guilty of this? I shake my head in wonder.

May Light increase!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's gotta be Dixon!

I could never tell if that guy was playing me straight or not. I learned to never believe a thing he said pretty quickly.

Good cook though. :)

Jay

Anonymous said...

I have often times thought that there are some men out there who don't understand the impact that watching your own child come into this world can make on a person. Mind you, I have seen women who are the same way. After they've been present for that, they say they wouldn't have been anywhere else.

I too have heard the comment that "_____" is better than sex. I've heard it from both sexes so I don't think that's a "man" thing. Football is just one of the things that can fill that blank for some people. My opinion is that people who say things like that have never had sex with someone who they have a real loving relationship with...it's just been the act of sex without the deep commitment to another human being behind it.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Take care,
Michele

Anonymous said...

if i had to choose between watching the grey cup/super bowl game or seeing my first child come into the world, i would choose the latter cause i would care more about starting a family than watching something that happens every year.

that's my opinion about it and you can quote me on that