Monday, October 22, 2007

Three Interesting Thoughts

Thought One: Even Good Vampires Are Bad. This blog post talks about what has been discussed on this blog before about the tensions between fantasy and faith. The discussion in the comments section shows both sides of the spectrum. It's difficult to not take a side.

Thought Two: Will Bicycling to Work Get You Killed? The answer is both yes and no and the reasons may surprise you. Will this stop me from biking on city streets? Maybe.

Thought Three: First Kiss Is Key To Winning Female Love. Apparently being a good kisser is pretty important to women. Guys, you'd better start practicing now! I disagree with the theoretical foundation of this argument (evolutionary) but I think the data speaks for itself.

May Light increase!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought One: Sometimes a story is just a story.

Thought Two: I really wanted to bike to work in the city but I worked downtown and feared for my life, so I didn't.

Thought Three: I'm curious where that first kiss fell timeline wise in the relationship in that study.

JBo

Anonymous said...

Thought #1: Sorry I just couldn't finish that post. I don't know, anything "Vampire" related; movies, books, even a metaphor, just turns me off. So no comment.

Thought #2: I would never, ever ride a bike through downtown Toronto. Even though it's a "cycling" city, you definitely risk your life doing so. On the other hand, you risk your car door too, and stepping onto a crosswalk as a pedestrian--those bikes come whizzing by before you've barely noticed them.

Thought #3: Yeah it's pretty important. But nothing that can't improve with lots of practice. :)

Jobina said...

Ah Mark, you are a smart man! You didn't kiss me until I said I'd marry you! Don't give a girl a chance to evaluate anything, do you? I guess I got pretty lucky, a good kisser and a great guy to boot!