Friday, January 11, 2008

JBo Knows: Children's Movies


Well folks, it's been fun, but I think it's my time to ride off into the sunset. I'm not sure if I was supposed to do a Saturday post or not, but here's my thinking; if I'm supposed to post on Saturday, well then consider this my Saturday post. If I'm not, well, then I decided to do two posts on Friday. Either way, I think we're covered.

Am I the only one who wishes that real life was like a children's movie?

Sarah and I watched the Curious George movie tonight. Okay, I watched it and Sarah slept on the couch. Anyway, I would love to live in the world of Curious George. Things are so bright and vibrant and welcoming.

Ted (the Man in the Yellow Hat if you haven't seen the movie) gets evicted from his apartment, and by the end of the movie the landlord lets him move back in because George is a good artist. Not because Ted sued and they had a massive court battle, not after yelling and screaming after each other. They settled their differences because of a monkey.

That's the kind of world I'd like to live in!

Really, if we all lived in a kid-run world, I think we'd be better off. Ever watch a 5 year old with his friends and a dollar? They figure out how much they can buy with that dollar for all of them.

Do children's movies present a simpler outlook on life? Absolutely, and I think that's what I like about them. People help each other simply because it's the right thing to do. Strangers are nothing more than friends you haven't met yet.

If you're looking for an in-depth plot, don't watch Curious George. However, if you want to see one of the cutest movies you'll ever see then go ahead and watch it, kids or no kids!

Anyway, I'd like to thank you folks for having me, as I turn the keys back over to the one, the only, Mr. Mark Westman! It's been fun!

To Infinity and Beyond!

-- JBo

6 comments:

. said...

now i really wanna watch curious george! when it was in the theatres a bunch of my family went to see it for my auntie's birthday... yup, that is write. she turned 30-something and a group of adults went to see curious george. (i believe the youngest in the party was 14 or 15!) but i couldn't make it!

Anonymous said...

Well Jay, it was great getting to know you a little bit and reading about things that interest you! Take care of yourself!

Michele

Anonymous said...

if the real world was like a kid's movie then i would be in HEAVEN....(embarassing little anecdote) i LOVE children's programming. there i said it, you happy now?

Anonymous said...

well that and daytime soap operas.

RLE said...

Hey Jay,
Our family loves that movie - my son is 2 and totally enthralled with "Monkey George" as he calls him. My husband and I agreed that it is a good movie, even when you aren't a kid. And the world would be much better if we figured it out like kids. Though a dollar doesn't go as far as it used to... you used to be able to get a whole lot of candy for a dollar to share!
It been fun reading your posts - hope you either come back and guest blog sometime or maybe you oughta start your own blog. :)

Jobina said...

If we all lived in a kid-run world...a glorious and horrifying thought all rolled into one! I've been listening to an old Disney "Hero songs" tape with my kids lately and the other day we even watched Aladdin. Trinity keeps going around the house calling things "a diamond in the rough", too cute!