Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Resolutions: Part 1


(Youtube Link)

The above song and video shows the general view most people take towards the idea of New Year's resolutions: they don't work so why bother. Though I smiled while watching I was also kind of disturbed. OK, I'm going out on limb here. I think New Year's Resolutions are a good thing. I figure that if one in one hundred people make some sort of meaningful change, then they are worth it. Even if the change doesn't last forever.

Think about how this is worded "New Year's resolutions don't work." Of course they don't work, people are the one's who work (or don't) and it's their choice. To blame the resolution itself is silly talk. Personally, I'm excited about my resolutions (or goals as I prefer to reframe them as). And maybe I will make some permanent changes and maybe I won't. But I'm not going to blame the resolutions for my success or failure. I am personally responsible for it all.

May Light increase!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I also posted about my "Goal List". I was never a "New Year's Resolution" person and I still don't really consider my goals this year as resolutions but for some reason the start of a fresh new year with all the possibilities ahead excites me. So why not take advantage of it at the beginning of 2008?!

Happy Meeting Your Goals Year!