Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Years Resolutions: Part 2

I've decided to go with a theme this year for my new year's resolutions; "specifics." So here they are:

I want to be able to run 4 miles without having a heart attack (get in shape).
I want to have three 24 hour "solos" (spiritual renewal).
I want to take my wife on a romantic "10 Year Anniversary" trip (prioritize my marriage).
I want to buy one new investment property (taking action).
I want to buy one small business (for profit and for fun).
I want to graduate with my Masters in Counseling Psychology (Lord willing).
I want to do two multi-day adventure trips (because I love the outdoors).
I want to put siding up on my house (maintaining my possessions).

There they are, simple and measurable. Ambitious yes, but certainly doable. Talk to me in a year and see how I did!

9 comments:

Jobina said...

#1.Yay, Anniversary trip!
#2.Isn't it "Lord willing" (capital "L"?)
#3.Yay, Anniversary trip!!!

Mark said...

Oops, I corrected it! Thanks honey!

Stacey said...

Jobina's comments are too cute.

Awesome Mark! Congratulations in setting your goals and best of luck achieving them! (though we all know it has nothing to do with luck but I wish you well :))

Anonymous said...

I think those goals are totally doable! Good for you! Take that wife of yours out on a fantastic trip! I can hardly wait to hear about how wonderful it was!

Michele

Mark said...

Hmmm . . . it's interesting how most comments seem to be related to the Anniversary trip. Is this the only interesting one? Maybe it's the one with the most "flash" and "zing" but the other ones seem just as important to me. I suppose doing spiritual retreats, buying a property, or putting siding on my house are not as romantic, but hey . . . I find them exciting!

Mark said...

Also, I'm printing out my goals and putting them on my wall and in my planner. I want to read them once a day to remind myself about them. I read somewhere that only 3% of people write down their goals and only 1% review them daily. Here's to attempting to be a 1% person!

Anonymous said...

I knew you were planning something for your 10th anniversary, so it was the "Buy a small business" that surprised me a little, since you're selling off your current small business. What kind of venture are you looking into?

BTW, you'll be happy to hear that Sarah wants us to get a tent when we're married. :)

Jay

Anonymous said...

Mark, I think the reason why the anniversary trip is commented on so much is because we've seen how hard you've been working and how Jobina has supported your efforts and we think the two of you deserve a break!!!

Love, Michele

RLE said...

I personally like the solo trips and the multi-day adventures (Just because I already knew about the anniversary trip ;). I know how much that pumps my husband up, I know that your wife and kids will benefit immensely from those too. If you want to travel a little ways to do a multi-trip adventure with a willing participant who can probably use some renewal as well and loves the outdoors, I am offering my husband as a fellow adventurer. And if Jobina and the kids want to come stay at our house, we have a comfy basement now, as you well know. :)