Sunday, January 6, 2008

JBo Knows: Introductions


Good day my fellow Blogaholics! The esteemed and erudite Mr. Mark Westman has gone on a little vacation to warmer climes (and by vacationing in warmer climes I mean he's out of town taking a course for school, but I'm assuming Calgary is warmer than our own friendly Manitoba), and while he is away he has bestowed upon me the honour and privilege of entertaining you by updating his blog!

For those of you who I have not had the pleasure of meeting, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jay Boaz, although some of my friends like to call me "JBo" (pronounced "Jay-Bo"); and yes, I did have that nickname before Jennifer Lopez stole it with "J-Lo". I'm 24, live just outside of Riverton Manitoba, and am engaged to an enchanting and beautiful school teacher by the name of Sarah Hayward. I am currently employed as the Recreation Director for the Riverton-Bifrost area, and I've got to say it's a job that I very much enjoy. Where else am I going to get paid to take groups of kids curling?!

Why has Mark entrusted me with the awesome responsibility of maintaining his blog while he's away? While I like to think it is because of my keen intellect and sharp wit, it's entirely possible that I was chosen simply because the word "sucker" has been tattooed on my forehead while I wasn't looking. For now let's just go with the the intellect thing; although upon reflection it is possible that Mark wanted to be sure it was a Mac updating his blog and not a filthy PC. But I digress...

So what are we going to talk about while Mark is gone? I'm still working on that part, but I have a few ideas that hopefully will keep you coming back daily and not simply waiting for Mark to return. Mark and I think similarly on some subjects (such as the awesomeness of the groom at a wedding entering on a silk ninja rope from a skylight up above) and quite differently on others (our differing strategies in Risk, for one thing). So if all goes well you will get exposed to some new ideas, some familiar ideas, and maybe a new perspective on something Mark would write about. "The journey IS the adventure", as it has been said (and if I remember who said it I'll go ahead and edit that in later), and I hope your week-long journey with me will prove to be more enjoyable than anticipating the end of my finite run here at Random Enlightenment.

We will close this introductory post with a little pop culture quiz. Whose catchphrase am I parodying with my "JBo Knows" header? While there isn't a material prize, you can reward yourself with the acknowledgment that, much like myself, you have a great command of thoroughly useless information.

'Til all are one!

--JBo

11 comments:

Jobina said...

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging Jay Boaz!

Stacey said...

That was a truly entertaining, interesting and enlightening intro! I have seen your comments on Mark and Jobina's blogs but it was nice to be formerly "introduced" to you in blog-land! I am Stacey, Jobina's "favourite" aunt in Toronto! :P (I think it's safe to say since Jobina only has one aunt in Toronto haha) I'm her Mom's youngest sister.

As far as the pop quiz goes... hmm, all I can think of is:
1. Nobody knows (the trouble I've seen :)
2. Hogan Knows
3. Mother Knows [Best??]
4. I DON'T Know??

:)

Anyway I look forward to you updating Mark's blog, and yes, welcome!

Leanne said...

Hello and welcome...I look forward to a week of entertainment.
I really just wanted to pop in and sully the blog with my filthy PC comment posting.
I'm not up on my pop culture...tho your catchphrase sounds familiar, I just can't place it. Perhaps I should consult my friend google....or will there be a reveal later in the week?

Anonymous said...

Fear not, there will be an answer to my pop culture question on tomorrow's blog!

Jay

Sarah Boaz said...

"enchanting and beautiful school teacher " hey, you couldn't be using those words to make up for words said this morning at church could you?
I look forward to reading your blog posts this week!

RLE said...

Hey Jay!
Mark is presently staying at our house, and yes, Calgary is the "warmer climates" at above 0 degrees. He just mentioned that you had posted and I had to check it out.
I thoroughly enjoyed your post and am looking forward to more - like Stacey said I have seen your comments on Jobina and Mark's blogs and it is nice to get an introduction to who you are.
Looking forward to more posts from this week!
Rayna

Jobina said...

I don't know about the "warmer climates" thing...my weather pixie showed +3 at one point today! Things are melting in Manitoba!

Anonymous said...

Is it "Bo Know," the old Nike slogan?

. said...

very entertaining, jay! a very well written first post!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Jay! Great to finally meet you! I am Mark's one and only sister in law (at least for now).

I have no idea where that header comes from, but I'll be interested to read all about it tomorrow!

Looking forward to getting to know you a little better...

Michele

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't 'do blogs' ? I'm sure this will be entertaining.
~Barb (mom of "beautiful and enchanting)