Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Boy Has Skills

A few days ago Jobina and I were talking. I was is in the kitchen washing dishes and she was telling me a story from our dining room. Suddenly she screamed terribly, freaking me out. Riker, who was supposed to be upstairs getting into his pajamas had snuck downstairs, crawled invisibly into the living room, climbed up on the couch and then suddenly popped his head up right beside Jobina! After she calmed down he said:

"I can't help it that I'm so stealthy. This is how God made me!"

A boy after my own heart. He attributes his ninja powers to God and he can give a heart attack to his mother without even trying. In the old days he would jump out and scream but now he realizes that with Jobina so much effort is not necessary. I remember when I came to the same conclusion. He is learning restraint which is good because I think it will extend my wife's life expectancy. To Jobina's credit, she never gets mad at Riker when he scares her - instead she congratulates him as she sits there trembling. What a good mom.

I must say, the boy has skills. Most impressive.

5 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

Nicely done Riker! Maybe we should have brought him with us on our ninja mission to Sarah's parents house this summer!

Have you been able to find any Mythbusters ninja clips?

Jobina said...

actually it wasn't him popping his head up that scared me so bad! It was the sudden feel of a body next to my hand that made me freak out!
He is good!

Elayne said...

FRIENDLY WARNING: Don't you EVER do that to your Nana Riker or you won't have a Nana for long! I'm not sickly or anything, I just don't think my heart is strong enough for something like that!

Michele said...

I second Nana's comment, Riker. I love you and it's great that God gave you the ability to be stealthy, but do it to the cat, not your Aunt, okay?

Jobina, I would have yelled till I turned blue and then congratulated him on sneaking up on me. Good for you for supressing the urge to holler at him!

PBE's Mom said...

Mark you've taught your son well, I know my Mark was proud! I can't believe that soon I'll have three little guys scaring me half to death if their anything like their father...