Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Kind of Freaky . . .

Wow.


http://view.break.com/565864 - Watch more free videos


Jobina asked me "Why did you post that video?" I thought it was interesting. Look at how distraught these people are over trees being killed. Should we not have more sorrow over the wars of the world, the slaying of the unborn, poverty, and injustice? Also, these people's cries caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand up (no small feat). Anyway, extremism always has a few lessons to teach us, both in what we should not be and what we should be - often at the same time.

3 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

So is this a serious documentary-style video or is it a tongue-in-cheek poke at extremist activist groups?

And if this is real, what do these people eat? I'm assuming they aren't vegetarians, and if they're this passionate about trees would they feel the same about animals?

Jay

Mark said...

It's the real deal. These people are a group who live way out in the bush. I don't think "radical" is too strong a word to describe them.

Not sure about what they eat, maybe only byproducts (like seeds/fruit) of plants? Or maybe it is only the great trees that cause them to grieve (killing small plants might be OK)!

Lindsey Dueck said...

I am sorry, but these people are a little bit crazy, perhaps alot crazy. They remind me of some clients that come into the clinic.

I can't help but laugh when I watch this. They are crying like they just lost their best friend or something. They are trees, they grow back, you can plant them again. They do not have personality, feelings, etc. WOW.