Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Have Trouble Saying No?

Educate yourself! If you or anyone you know has some issues with keeping boundaries please feel free to refer them to our upcoming Boundaries group course. Everyone can benefit from this course, based on the bestselling book "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. Below is the info:

Need Help Setting Some Boundaries?


Take The Boundaries Group Course.

Do you feel like ...

- Life seems out of control?
- People take advantage of you?
- You have trouble saying no?
- Disappointed with God because of unanswered prayers?

This Boundaries Course will help you.

When: Starts on Wed, Oct 15th, 7:30pm (9 weeks, ending Dec 10th)
Cost: $90 (plus book if you like) Location: 1110 Henderson Hwy
Call: 232-5744 for details or email contact@riverbendcounselling.ca.




5 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

The Rec Director in me notes that is a very reasonable price for a 10 week program!

Mark said...

Yup, it's a great deal. I am so impressed with the content - it is amazing stuff and applicable to everyone. Boundaries are one of those things that people don't often think about but are so involved in everything we do; our interaction with friends, family, partners, fellow workers, God. Awesome and very spiritually challenging. You should come! You and your wife can come - a date night!

Anonymous said...

Is this where I self-righteously say I think my mother-in-law and father-in-law might really benefit from this course?

Yah, yah, I know...

...maybe I mean, we might benefit from them taking the course, or we might benefit by taking the course so we can deal with both our parents who don't seem to have any boundaries????...

...oh the tangled webs we weave...

Anyways, ever hear of that book, "Where I end and you begin." Or something like that...Have you read that one Mark? What do you think if you have?

Jacquie

Mark said...

Hey Jacquie, you are more then welcome to come (as I'm guessing it might be easier to get you to come then your family!). As I was reviewing the material I couldn't help but wish that I had come across it much earlier in my life. Like before dating for sure! Also, I'd love to have gone through it in a group format with Jobina . . . maybe we still will sometime.

As for the book, never heard of it. Who's the author?

Jay Boaz said...

There is no way that I have time to consider taking a weekly course in the city! The week of my birthday (which is when your course starts) I have a meeting or volleyball every night, including Friday!