Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Infinity and Beyond

If you were caught in a riptide and rushed out to sea (without) a life jacket, how long do you think you'd last? My guess for myself used to be an hour or two. So I was amazed to read this story about a Dad and his autistic son who this very thing happened to and were able to last for over 12 hours in the open ocean. It is truly an amazing story. I can't image what it would feel like to slowly drift away from your son and listen to his voice getting fainter and fainter . . .

2 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

Wow, what a story! That is an insane amount of time to spend in the water, and to have your son float away like that...I'm not even a father and I can't even think of how horrifying that must be. Glad to hear the happy ending!

Jay

netablogs said...

A truly amazing and heartwarming story!